Curriculum is the guide that delineates the learning path of a student and determines the process of this learning. During policy formulation two aspects of curriculum are addressed, the process of curriculum development and the content implementation of the curriculum. Curriculum focuses on four main areas
- Aims and objectives
- Methodology and evaluation
- Dissemination of the concept adequately through appropriate books.
While preparing the curriculum, national and international curricula are studied, researched and then curriculum is formulated which adheres to international norms of education and reflects our values too. The aim of our curriculum is to develop students intellectually and academically to meet the challenges at home and aborad. A solid bedrock of citizenship is placed while they are being trained to respect beliefs, faiths and customs, different to their own. The Department is responsible for:
- Syllabus selection
- Weekly Syllabus Breakup for all subjects for Classes K.G. to X
- Time Tabling & Period Allocation
- Lesson Planning
- Contents for Assessment Tests
Suitable books are prescribed and Weekly Syllabi Break up are sent to both Warm and Cold Regions from Play Group to Class X along with worksheets, reinforcement materials and teacher's resource materials. Guidelines for teachers accompany the Curriculum Break up to facilitate the teachers in interpreting and using various methodologies for teaching. For further facilitation and standardization, the Curriculum Department also provides guidelines on Homework Policy, Writing Pattern , Copy Checking Guidelines, Sample Lesson Plans, Stationery/ Book list and Worksheets Tear-off Pads to all the Army Public Schools.
Syllabus Completion Reports are taken from every region after every two months to conduct a critical analysis of syllabus implementation and feedback. It is a monitoring measure also.
Curriculum Planning & Development Team:
- Mahjabeen Amin (Deputy Director)
- Shazia Naqvi (Co-ordinator)
- Ghazia Shahid (Co-ordinator)
- Nazish Mehmood (Co-ordinator)
- Rubina Arif (Co-ordinator)
- Sadaf Tahir (Co-ordinator)
- Faiza Ahmad (Co-ordinator)
- Nasir Ali (Co-ordinator)
- Najma Tariq (Co-ordinator)
- Samina Javed (Co-ordinator)
- Amna Rauf (Co-ordinator)